Select controller version 11

trevor_greenin

I don't have any TTS locos or a Select controller, but based upon what I have read on this forum relating to this topic. I believe the current situation is that Select version 1.1 firmware is likely to give only limited control over TTS loco functions. I also believe that this version level had other issues as well. This Select must be quite old to still be at 1.1 revision. There have been later versions 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and I believe the current version is 1.5

A post by Hornby stated to the best of my recollection that whereas earlier version upgrades were provided 'free of charge'. The upgrade to version 1.5 is charged at £15 plus your own sending postage costs. Can't find the original post, but Hornby stated that they are now charging £15 for the V1.5 upgrade as it includes many new features, some of which are related to TTS locos. Like for example accessing sound functions above F8.

The upgrade has to be done by Hornby themselves and is not suitable as a 'user' performed upgrade. Contact Hornby Customer Services to arrange and confirm latest current details.

If anybody knows anything different to me. Then I bow to their more accurate up to date knowledge, and accept any amendments they want to add or make.

EDIT: Found the original Hornby post regarding the £15 charge. It is the third reply down on this page.

Archived