sound function buttons

Anthony,

Your question is a bit vague, more detail is required.

Is this the question you meant to ask:

In RailMaster the soft function buttons, have default labels. Can I customise the description on the button label to something else that is more meaningful to me?

If that was your question then the answer is Yes you can. Just overwrite (edit) the button label text in the 'Locomotive Setup Window'.

Anthony,

Just be aware that if you want a soft function button to act as a toggle function, say lights on/off or sound on/off for example, then you must include the words "on/off" in the label text. If you don't include "on/off" then the function button acts as a momentary function. Like for example a 'horn' or 'whistle'. In other words without the "on/off" text, the selected function won't lock on, the function just plays once and resets.

Also make sure, Anthony, that your own description, especially including the addition of the "on/off" bit, is not too long to fit the maximum number of characters allowed, although there is some prompting on that if it happens. I find I have to abbreviate some of my function descriptions because of that. Incidentally, I always prefer to enter my own function descriptions, even if Hornby can provide some by default.

Archived