Railmaster registering problem

I have rebuilt my laptop from scratch, because I was having trouble with railmaster. It kept telling me I was unregistered, and reverting to an evaluation version. I had so much junk on the laptop it seemed the only way to get it back to basics. I tried to de-register before i did anything, but as it thought it was an eval copy it wouldnt let me.

I have put on the orgignal CD copy of Railmaster. Everything went swimingly till I tried to register. I got an error saying  "key was not downloaded correctly.

Ensure you have entered it correctly (I have double checked). If you have you may have a problem with your internet connection or railmaster does not have access rights to your hard drive or internet connection. you must ensure you are logged into windows as Administrator (I am).

can anybody help please?

Work your way through the locked thread (indicated by yellow padlock) at the top of the RailMaster section on this forum, tilted "RailMaster: Setting up and Getting Sarted".

Pay particular attention to the section on Anti-virus, particularly if you use Norton or McAfee AV products.

I got it fixed in the end. I had to disable windows defender and the firewall. I installed 1.4 or whatever was on the CD. Got it detecting the e-link, then re-registered the software then updated to 1.62. I tested it like that - and all was ok. Restarted the windows firewall, and installed windows security essentials, and its all still running splendidly. I should have done it months ago...

For future reference a_c, and for others, there is nothing special about the version of RM on your CD, it is just an out of date version.  If you should need to reinstall RM, and that should be an extremely rare occurrence only like rebuilding your PC, do it from the link at the top of the RM forum, then you will be certain to have latest version.  Put the CD in the bin.

Archived