Turntable

Romeo

I have been thinking of fitting a Peco R070 turntable, this fits with my plans, have read various reports on its operation and quietness mixed results, 

I would like to run it via dcc, my question is what additonal equipment will been needed and any info on installation would be appreciated. Circuit diagram, ect. 

Romeo (Stewart).

The R070 is Hornby not Peco (sure that was just a typo). Hornby have documented the conversion of this R070 TT to DCC on this very site. See the TT link top left of this Hornby website page.

Romeo, the additional equipment you need is a loco decoder with its orange and grey wires connected to the TT motor to run the bridge.

Chris, it has been well documented on here that the Hornby method of doctoring, or should I say butchering the TT by removing the contacts at the ends of the bridge is not the preferred method of doing it.  Far more elegant to gap the inlet track between the bridge rail contacts and the bridge, and on any outlet tracks which are connected back to the DCC power.  You might see if you can find a link to one of those discussions which include the description of how to do that.  Can't remember if it is blackbird or Flashbang used to sell one of these, and may be doing so again?

Fishy, slap on the wrist accepted. Found several previous threads on the topic, but could not find one with a definitive 'how to' detailed decription. I'm sure it is there somewhere.

Chris

... gap the inlet track between the bridge rail contacts and the bridge ...

That is the method I used very successfully and that was in the days when I just had one connection to my complete layout.  I have now sold the Turntable and added a Power Bus but that was a separate decision.

Hi Gents,

Have read you replys, yes it was a typo Chris on the make, there is mention of a different mod  to the one on Hornby site, (that looks straightforward to do), but is this a preferred method to use, I have been searching but not found any links to a different way of doing it. 

Cheers for now

Romeo

I have converted my hornby turntable to dcc using standard hornby 4 function decoder and the instructions on the hornby website. No issues at all. Works with rm and have 6 entries/exits. Not sure what other posters problems are, unless I have done something different by accident.

If you start getting the odd short circuit or two when the TT rotates, post a message on here and we'll tell you why it happens.

Ray

Archived