4 VEP class 423 (dcc fitted)

TOK774

I have a NSE 4 VEP class 423/1 bought from a model shop online, it says dcc fitted with standard hornby R8249 decoder, the train is hornby R2947. Which I'm trying to control with railmaster. The paper with the train says function 0- exterior directional lighting, function 1- interior roof lighting. in loco set up railmaster has this product and the functions are correct but nothing works, all lights come on, can not turn them off, the train doesn't move at all. I've run veriuos searches about he decoder  and not found anything useful. Though I think the problem is railmaster but I'm unsure how to proceed. any advice would be appreciated

Not sure how rewriting the descriptions for F0 and F1 is going to help as the function wires will still be connected to the same lights.  But TOK, ensuring the description in the setup includes on/off is useful to make sure the functions toggle - ie press once for on and a second time for off.

Beyond that, I think we need more info to know what your problem might be.  For a start, is your RM all properly set up and operating and able to control other locos and their functions, so this is the only one not working?  If so, it could be a decoder problem.  If not, it might be an RM problem.  Let us know.

hallo,

i do have elink, not elite. at the moment it was just a quick setup to test it all out see if it runs properly. I want to use DCC properly in the futue but i got to convert my other loco's to DCC. I really just wanted to see if it all worked.

as far as i can tell being as eveything is new. either there is an issue with the decoder or the software on the computer.

Edit: If the decoder is 003 as defult and asuming it is working fine then i need will to contact railmaster customer support.

Archived