Amazon fire.

Hi, cant answer your question, but have amazon fire, and there is NO way, my layout and locos would fit on screen. There is also the problem that layout /stock grows. Might it soon be a tad small.   If you can use it like an Elite, then would be ok. johnl

WD, all you've done is restate the question, not give an answer.

The question is really whether RM HH is compatible with Fire OS4, the operating system in the Amazon Fire.  I'm not sure of the answer eithe but suspect it is not.  Although I could be wrong as Fire says it runs HTML 5 and maybe that is what HH uses.

A comment from HRMS would be good.

I don't know if the Kindle Fire is the same device but the RM help system states the following:

Please note that Amazon Kindle fire devices are not supported as Amazon opted to install a much older version of the Android operating system and those devices are locked down to a great extent to provide only Amazon-related content.

Kindle and Amazon Fires seem to be the same from the info on them, so looks like the answer is no.  However, to complicate matters, that notification in Latest News is well over 12 months going on 2 years old so later models may have a later OS that is supported?

Seems like I have started something here. Yes I want to use this tablet as a wireless controller ie handheld. I know about the old amazon android system but thought this may have been resolved as these have just come out. The largest beast is only 169 pounds. Question is who will know if I can use one.

Archived