Select Walkabout Cable

Yelrow

hi, does anybody have one of these, in a drawer, somewhere, probably, with their select, that they would be prepared to part with. My newly built fiddle yard, initially needs a presence, eg me, to be there, for testing, wiring etc, and i could make use of my redundant Select, to help set it up. There is only one supplier on ebay, with very limited sizes, and his postage is double the cost of cable. Hornby have none. Cheers guys. john

Or these others from the same Amazon supplier (as HB link above is for 1 metre cable length version):

R8266 5 metre

R8266 3 metre

Only one issue, supplier is advertising FREE UK delivery. Not clear whether supplier will be prepared to ship to France (your location) and at what cost.

Perhaps if you have any friends or relatives resident in UK they could order on your behalf and forward to you.

Howbiman, Chrissaf, thanks, was aware of both of these, but £7.50 postage, is outrageous. I have no objection to paying actual postage costs. Received a heavy loco today, £5. 30 post. The firm on ebay, want £8.95, postage. I received a long usb cable yesterday, postage, £2.20. Hence my idea that somebody might have one laying around, gathering dust. I accept my location means higher postage costs, but not Dick Turpin Masks. john

Admin edit: I'm sure you can see which word caused the profanity filter to block the post. While you've used it innocently here I hope you can understand why this particular word is on our blocked list.

I have replied but apparently used a word, belived wrongly to be a profanity. it is the first post ever held for this ridiculous reason, which i would like explained.  I was basically saying i could not afford £8.95, or £7.50 postage, which is totally unreasonable, hence my request for one gathering dust in a cupboard. john

@John

My cable is the 3M long flat section R8236 Booster cable, else you could have had it.

You may want to review the old post about booster/walkabout cables, as discussion went back and forth a bit and it was all about one cable did work, but the other cable did/didn't/might work depending upon Select revision state and so on.

Rob

Archived