Locos reversing direction

SteveWillis

I have two locos under control whizzing round the track at a scale speed of 40mph: loco 10 is assigned to controller 1 of my Elite and loco 20 to controller 2. Loco 10 is under control. I want to switch to control loco 20. I press controller 2 and loco 20 reverses direction! I am having to do a quick double tap of the controller to maintain forward direction.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? I have firmware 1.4 - not quite the latest.

Nor does mine! What is more, the latest v1.4 Elite manual is quite clear that the controller needs to be pressed to gain control and then rotated to adjust speed after control has been taken. Sorry, but I am not convinced that RAF96 or howbiman are correct.

I turned my Elite off and on again and it is back to normal - press the controller to regain control and the locos are still travelling in the right direction. I will try to recreate the problem tomorrow. I think that it occured after I had used ACC to change the colour of some signals. Going back from ACC to Loco seems to have done something odd.

To be honest, I am pleased about the fact that the Elite still requires the respective controller pressing before it is active.  I know that I have not changed my firmware to the latest version but if the latest version had introduced that feature, I would not have been changing at all.

To me it is essential to be able to press the controller first, to see what Loco is currently loaded.  Just being able to turn it or press it to change direction would be a disaster (in model Railway terms!)

OK - post grey matter sweep out test carried out:

Elite is on the very latest revision of firmware.

2 sound locos were allocated to Elite knobs 1 & 2 respectively per the manual - 1 steam and 1 diesel so even I can spot the difference by eye and ear.

Press knob 1 and set loco 1 running forwards, press knob 2 and set loco 2 running backwards (just for fun).

Press knob 1 to re-take control of loco 1 and it maintains the original forward direction as it comes under control.

Press knob 2 to re-take control of loco 2 and it maintains the original backwards direction as it comes under control.

Press either knob twice and that loco changes direction.

Further test - set loco 1 on both knobs and as you pass control from knob to knob the throttle quadrant reflects the speed set on the previous knob.

So I guess it all works exactly as it should and I again apologise for the duff gen to start with.

Archived