iPad connection

Since getting Windows10 and Railmaster to work together everything has been perfect.

I have just tried to use my iPad and it wouldn't handshake. I have deleted and re-installed Railmaster via powerpos but after Railmaster flashes briefly on the screen the screen greys out.

Any ideas or solutions would be more than welcome.

John.

A long shot but maybe a graphics driver update on the iPad may solve this. It is more likely to be something else though. Not being an Apple fan I don't use their equipment but the principles are the same as a PC anyway.

Have you got any software running in the background that may be graphics hungry or is just simply using the processor on the iPad where it is not necessary?

PC and laptop users often leave preinstalled software to run from boot and often get caught with software taking up resources in the background they are unaware of. Check this out and see if you can eliminate the cause by stopping processes or programs running from boot when they are only required when you need them and not all the time. Check any AV software is not getting in the way either.

Apple has thrown out a couple of updates to iOS 9  recently (last few days) so it may be you need to update - currently 9.0.2.

iOS 9 doesn't seem to be trouble free - it certainly messed up my iTunes vs Apple TV connection.

(Sounds a bit like Win 10 problems?).

Thanks both for your suggestions.My ipad is clear with nothing running in the background. I have installed the update 9.0.2 Raf but it has made no difference.

I'm beginning to think this is maybe an IP address problem. Also, in the top left hand corner of my iPad screen, where it is greyed out, there appears to be a red keyhole...I have never seen the like of this before.

Archived