Track Plan

I had to make changes recently and I thought I needed to start again.  However, by thinking about it, I was able to re-use quite a bit of my original.  I found a lot of time could be saved by just moving pieces to the edges and then dragging them to new positions and that was far quicker than having to reload.  Of course this may not work for you.

Nice one geo.

Just thinking about it too, if you want to flip or turn the plan, I think you will only be able to reuse your straights.  All the points and curves will need to go the other way so will have to be re-entered from the library. 

I had to redraw Geominster and delete every unwanted piece of track from the now cancelled fiddle yard. Took my fingers all night to recover. BUT it is all nice and neat now, shows in one screen and nearly all works. Just a couple of tweaks needed, one set of points as a crossover defaults back each time changed and an issue with grey direction indicator but otherwise nearly there. Hooray,

You can get an issue with the direction indicator if by mistake you finish up with a point button icon on top of another one.  Just try moving one of each set to one side to check that this has not happened.  Always slide the icons to the centre of the point and let them find there own position.

Finally sorted the problem crossover points, not sure why but even when I selected reverse ploarity on one of the two point motors to get it to sync the same way as the other it then tried to change both points but returned itself. I resolved this by physically reversing the polarity on one of the point motors. Now I do not recall needing to do this before 1:62 so is there an issue, doesn't matter to me but maybe for others.

Don't forget, if you want to delete multiple track pieces in track planner, if you hold the " control " key on your keyboard and click on the pieces of track that you want to remove, you can delete multiple pieces in one go. I usually delete about 20 pieces in one go but you can do more.

• 2 weeks later...

Geo, there's something wrong on your crossover alright.  Crossovers consist of either 2 right hand or 2 left hand points and both are either straight ahead or turned to cross from one track to the other at the same time.  There should be no difference to polarity required between them, they should be the same.  Unless of course you have wired them into the decoder port with opposite polarity?

Archived