Unable to work on RM unless connected to elink

Well please can someone tell me what ini file, baud rate, comm/lpt number, grey cog, usb issue or whatever I need to tweak in order to work on RM while not live to elink.

I used to be able to take lappy downstairs aand happily amend track etc etc.

Now unless all is hooked up and switched on and connected to elink on layout I cannot do anything with it.

Thanks, bet this isn't in the maual either :-(

Hi geo, definitely one for HRMS.  Email them from the Help window of RM after you have loaded RM without the connection.  Then they will get your log.txt file to see what is happening.

I don't think this is the first time this has been mentioned and seems to be occurring because of all the fail safe checks RM now does.  But clearly we need to be able to work on our RM stuff while not connected to controller or track so a method of overriding the no connection warning is needed. 

All you have to do is acknowledge the error messages which appear saying that no DCC controller can be found.  Where a message has a small red cross button at the top right, press it.  Press the cross button for other messages and you will find that you get to the main RailMaster screen more quickly.

You can also set your DCC controller to "None" in Settings and no attempt will be made to initialise it.

Many thanks HRMS, it is not quite as exact as you write because I get the cannot connect message three times and only a green tick to get anything moving, no red cross whatsoever and the Settings to Speech boxes are all incomplete until the third time of ticking green cannot connect box, however it has now moved on and displayed my last used layout screen which allows me to work without live connection to elink and layout. Thank you for a prompt reply both here and via email. 

Thanks also to Fishy. :-)

Archived