Windows 10 & R8247

HarleyD

I have noticed an issue since installing Windows 10 to my PC.

I could not program a brand new R8247 accessory decoder as it flagged a message "could not read". I tried another module that I new worked and this was the same. It was connected to the programming track.

I did manage to program it manually through my Hornby Elite controller.

This was just one additional module I purchased. I have successfully programmed 5 others with Windows 8.1.

I can only think that something happened when I installed Windows 10.

I would report this to HRMS via the inbuilt help system. It may be a new 'bug' inadvertently introduced as part of the WIn 10 eLink handshaking RM updates done in version 1.62

Just before initiating the report. If possible replicate the error again within RM so that it is captured prominently in the 'log' file that automatically gets sent to HRMS as part of the reporting process. That way, HRMS will get a better idea of what might be causing the error.

Just be aware, that if this post had been originally posted in the RM section of the forum, then HRMS would get to read it as they monitor the posts made in that particular forum section.

Maybe Admin will move it there for you. For their visibility of the reported issue to investigate.

Admin will probably change your 'topic title' from your user name to something more meaningful at the same time. So be aware of that if you come back later and cannot find your post again.

Harley, welcome to the forums.

Just to be clear here, Windows 10 has nothing whatsoever to do with programming your 8247, it is done entirely by RM.  that said, there have been issues with RM working correctly with W10, so that is likely your problem.

However, there is a solution.  Go to the RM forum and the "Not Connecting to Elite" thread.  At the end there is a full explanation by HRMS of how to ensure RM is working correctly.  Do as they suggest and programming an 8247, or doing anything else, should now be solved.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks 

Finally got to try the process in the secton "Not Connecting to Elite" thread and it has resolved the issue. As you say it is a work around not a fix. Customers could think that there new R8247 accessory decoder was faulty if they were not aware of this.

Archived