A few issus

After sorting out last problem see 'Can not connect to elite' I have done the new update 1.63 all good this time no can not connect to elite box :-).  had a 30 mins running session, then railmaster would not respond so locos that was running could not be controlled so had to press all stop on Elite, started up railmaster again and after a short time it did it again, the other thing a I noticed it when I use the programming track to programme the dreaded box appears saying can not connect to Elite appears. When I have finished and click on the tick box it connects ok again.

Anyone had simular problems?

Peter

When did you do the 1.63 update?

HRMS would appear to be still tinkering with the 1.63 revision 1 release.

On 21st Oct the 'rm_setup.exe' file version 1.63.1 reported a file size of 69,061,352 bytes.

On 22nd Oct the 'rm_setup.exe' file version 1.63.1 reported a file size of 69,321,658 bytes.

On 25th Oct the 'rm_setup.exe' file version 1.63.1 reported a file size of 69,315,412 bytes.

Maybe manually downloading the VERY LATEST version from http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe  will resolve your issue.

As HRMS only make the latest file available for download. I would urge users to keep a copy of previous installation files on their HDD so that they can revert back to earlier versions when issues arise. I have all major versions releases going back to 1.55

In that case Pete, you must have the very latest installed. If you are having issues with it and don't have any earlier versions to regress to, then I suggest you report issues via the RM help system.

The one I have installed is the first one in the list reporting 69,061,352 bytes. For my particular set-up using Elite this version has no outstanding issues relating to controller communications affecting me, except reporting 'controller A inactive' which HRMS are aware of.

Just been to see if it as got better overnight but no it as got worse it seems to be everytime you do a command it then freezers, no piont or lights will change, I have to control loco with Elite to stop them. then after a short time come back to life again do a few commands and it freezers again. I have let the railmaster tean know so will keep you updated.

Peter

Pete oo7, could be nothing, but for days i have had little box saying cannot conect to Elite. Finally sorted, by HRMS, this morning who found that for reasons unknown, despite  Elite being shown as controller  A, with correct Baud rate. Device manager, had decided to change it to Elink one,, of its own accord, as when they last checked, it appeared okay so the 2 did not match. Having now put that right, my little box has gone. Might be worth a look. john

HRMS would appear to be still tinkering with the 1.63 revision 1 release.

On 21st Oct the 'rm_setup.exe' file version 1.63.1 reported a file size of 69,061,352 bytes.

On 22nd Oct the 'rm_setup.exe' file version 1.63.1 reported a file size of 69,321,658 bytes.

On 25th Oct the 'rm_setup.exe' file version 1.63.1 reported a file size of 69,315,412 bytes.

Maybe manually downloading the VERY LATEST version from http://www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe  will resolve your issue.

I downloaded the latest. I can't see any difference from earlier versions of rev 1 so far. Do we know what HRMS were tinkering with?

AM

It would nice if they had a stable version they could issue so everyone could use rm whilst they fiddled in the background to get the next stable version out rather than issuing these 'may-work' semi-controlled revisions.

Archived