Searching Elite by loco names

pidder

@pidder..........Nothing missed...you can only use the number....Anyway it's quicker eg. typing '12' is much quicker than typing T-O-R-N-A-D-O plus the extra key presses to reach the required letter, 13 in total for the word 'tornado'.  HB.

Page 29 HB?  In my v1.41 of the manual, that is about CV29.  But Elite manual page numbers can be confusing because the display shows 2 manual pages per PDF page.  Consequently the PDF document page numbers and manual page numbers are different.  I used manual page numbers which are displayed half way down the left and right edges of each PDF page.

Pidder, can't remember the details but there are significant changes and enhancements to running Elite with at least v1.41.

And as long as you have a computer with Windows 7 or earlier, there's no hassle, just download the update from this site and follow the instructions meticulously. 

Thanks for your advice, recently had to revert to Windows 7 after problems with an upgrade to 10 so perhaps not a bad thing. Could I put one other query, having spent some time putting in the names of all my locos, would an upgrade to the latest version for Elite wipe these or would they be unaffected?

Thanks for your response. I have to say I am getting disappointed with my Elite, it needs so much button pressing and then doesn't do what I expcted, i.e. give a quick access to my locos by name! The upgrade procedure also, which I've looked at, does seem quite a hassle. Think I shall wait till I've more experience with it. Thanks for your helpful advice. 

Pidder, earlier in this thread it tells you how to use the Favourites menu to access your locos by name.

Also, no amount of using it to run your locos is going to tell you any more about updating the firmware.  And the procedure just boils down to connecting and installing driver and checking correct com port, then start with all of the delays and button pressing as described to put it in upgrade mode, then running the program to install the firmware. That's just 4 steps and you're done.

Hi fishmanoz, I'm most grateful for your interest and advice, I must be getting too impatient in my old age... I will print out the newer version of the manual and the upgrading instructions and give it more thought. I had listed my locos as favourites but several didn't show up, must have got something wrong, will try again. 

Never given any thought to favourites in Elite, not being a reader of manuals. I just use 03, 022, etc, and have printed list of names and cv numbers, attached to  control desk. As you get more locos,  you find your favourites change, and in order to keep them all buddies, i have to run them all. Dont want them chattering about favouritism, at night, in the dark. Twill upset the mice. john

You must remember i am a bear of simple brain, when you ask these technical questions. All my locos have numbers from 001 to 022. My understanding, is that the Select, does not remember them, as does not the Elite, so each time i want to move one, by either of these  controllers i enter the cv no. Now, 27 people are going to tell me that i dont need to do that, but my memory was that each time the power went off, so did the memory. Moving on to the select, you are in an extremely small minority of guys, who have any time for it. Indeed, using it as a Walkabout, has made it come in to its own, except for the short circuit problem. It sounds  like you are far more up on select use than me, which would not be difficult. I have a large monitor, with all locos displayed on RM, decide the one i want to run , and either click on it, or twiddle a controller. . Does that answer your point, or make it harder to follow. I am sure that i dont make anything like full use of Elite, or select, but am not a natural reader, indeed, reading and i are strange bedfellows, hence my Pink and green thread. There are so many well read guys on here, that i pick their brains. john

Pick my brains from earlier in this thread about creating a Favourites list John, then you can pick one on Elite by scrolling through the list.  And also as you didn't use running numbers to make it easy to remember which loco is which on Elite, give them names.

By the way, you can find out how to do everything in Elite without reading anything but the menu system at the front of the manual.

Pidder, so you have set up your Favourites list (page 44 in the Elite 1.41 manual), but have you 'enabled' it as well? (page 46 in the Elite 1.41 manual).

Archived