green and pink

John, can you do a little experiment for us please, I'll explain?

You've told us your Cock o the North has a pink background and the speed in the box is 127.  Now if I remember correctly, you did all of this setup yourself because the real TTS CoN was not in the Hornby RM loco list at the time.  This I believe explains the pink background as you haven't speed profiled this "new" loco.

So what I want you to do is to setup a new loco in RM being the real TTS CoN.  Enter the R number for it or put the name in the search box or select it from the dropdown list but however you do it, get the real one from the database (it will certainly be there now as you are using latest 1.63 rev1 so it contains all the latest locos in its list).  Give it any ID you like, might as well leave it with 03.  Having done that, go to its throttle and I'm betting you'll find it has a green box and the top speed isn't 127.  Am I right?

Given this one is green, you might like to check out if this new throttle has all of your sounds correctly configured, you might like to use this as your throttle for your actual loco.  To check this out, go to setup of your actual loco and change its ID to any number you haven't used, so something over 022.  Now make the new one 009 and it should run your loco correctly.  If it does, you can now delete the old loco from your RM list and continue to use the new one.  If anything goes wrong and you want to go back to the old loco, just delete the new one from your list and put the old one's ID back to 009.

So tell us how that went, or you can just tell me not interested.

Well, have learned something. Just had full reply from HRMS, and i am not going mad. Locos with green box, means profiled for scale speed operation, whilst those in pink box, 127, means scale speed profile, for speed steps. Now HONESTLY guys, how many of you, knew that. Thanks, HRMS. john

In a word (or two), 'not many' I don't think John.

It wasn't detailed in the RM 1.63 Guide either.

I have emailed HRMS today regarding my, Bachmann Branchline 31-213DS Class 6P Patriot 4-6-0 45504 "Royal Signals", so they can consider it for the scale speed profile.

Archived