'NEW' HORNBY 'ELITE' DCC CONTROLLER.

sbroger

I've asked Hornby to confirm thet the 'new' Hornby Elite DCC Controller, now at last back on sale on the Hornby website, has the latest Firmware version 1.42(or perhaps later?) installed but no reply yet.

Has anyone bought one & can confirm that it does? It would be daft it it didn't.

Thanks, Roger.

Thanks John, that was exactly the reason for my doubt as i'd seen the note about the link under the Hornby blurb!If it isn't installed and i bought one from the Hornby website i suppose i could ask them to open the box & upgrade it before sending!

I haven't found a retailer yet with Elites updated with Firmware 1.42, do you know of any? Most are waiting for stock from this latest batch from Hornby.

Roger. 

As I understood it from Hornby Customer Care a while ago the new Elite was being produced in a different factory to the original batch and would come with the latest software which at the time of my enquiry was v1.42.

in the absence of a reply to your enquiry to HCC you could try calling them.  Mark their manager seems to be a reliable guy. His phone number is on the forum usually under yelrows  postings.

Thanks for the replies. I'd spotted the one for sale on Ebay & the seller said it has Firmware 1.42 installed and, as he received it from Hornby yesterday, it looks as though the new batch of Elites do indeed have the latest Firmware!

Roger.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived