How to program Murphy Model 071

Does it have a DCC decoder fitted?

Assuming a decoder is fitted, then you program it like any other loco.  There is an entire chapter on it in the manul starting at page 34.  If you have read this and have a particular problem somewhere, give us some more detail and we can give specific help.

Then there is also coverage of loco programming via the 2 locked threads at the top of the RM forum.

Thanks Fishman, I shoud have been more specific. I have been able to program the Murphy Models in the Railmaster Locomotive Setup function howver I had to base the Description/Icon on an existing Hornby diesel model.

In the Railmaster.ini file the following setting can be found:

Load Hornby locos =1

The following can also be added to include other manufacturers:

Load Rivarossi locos =1

Load Jouef locos=1

Load Arnold locos=1

Load Electrotren locos=1

But no such option is available for Bachmann, who currently manufacture Murphy Models. Murphy Models cover all of the Irish Locomotive stock from the 1950's to the present day and it would be nice to include them in Railmaster loco Setup. Or maybe it is possible using another method?

All the brands you've mentioned are owned by Hornby gearoid, hence being able to call them up in RM.  There is no such option for non-Hornby and the way you have done it is the only way.

This is not the case for decoders though and RM recognises just about all of the more popular decoder brands, both loco and accessory.

If it is a sound model then you can cycle through the function listings to pull up Hornby or Bacchman steam and diesel sounds, but if these don't suit yoru function listing then all you do is overtype the necessary description in by hand to match your decoder's listing.

If not a sound model then again just type in your parameters like cruise and shunt speeds, description, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks RAF96,

Yes I tried editing the function buttons for the loco and that works fine.  The 071 has two additional High Beams (Under the drivers window),  that can be activated by pressing the Coach Lights buttton. If I edit the text on this button to lets say 'High Beam', the functionality changes . Now if I press the 'High Beam' buttom the lights will come on, but, will only stay on for a few seconds. Whereas if I dont edit the text on the button, the lights will stay on until I hit the button to switch them off. Its just a minor issue, Just wondering if there is any way around it ?

Archived