shunting layout

stewart166

hi everyone i hope your having a great day, i was wonderinf if you could help, i would love to build a shutting layout just fo shunnting moveing cars and things around on the track now i can find any good track plans could someone help because i aslo want to make it dcc controlled. 

thanks for all the help

Mine has in order of laying from the left end of a 4 ft x 1 ft board:

Buffer stop + R4 curve going to the right + RH turnout + straight track long enough for 5 wagons + buffer stop.

Off the turnout diverge leg + Y turnout + R628 curve going to the left + straight track long enough for 3 wagons + buffer stop.

Off Y RH leg + R628 curve going to the left + straight track long enough for 3 wagons + buffer stop.

Turnouts can be manually operated or motorised, as can wagon coupling/uncoupling.

To play the puzzle put 5 wagons on the top straight, 3 wagons on each of the other 2 straights and a loco on the large curve.

Make a card or other identifier (e.g. coloured tag) for each wagon, then pick at random any 5 wagons from the 8 and shunt them into that selected order ready to exit stage left using the loco.

All you need then is a bit of patience, plenty of logic and up to 40,000+ moves to make sure you can solve every combination of any 5 from 8.

Archived