No on-screen short warning

When I get a short circuit I get no on-screen warning.

The only obvious sign apart from no trains moving is that all the lights in my carriages go out.

I have no on-screen option to correct the fault, I have to restart Railmaster, which is a real pain in the butt.

Does anyone know of a fix for this problem

Can't remember what threads Norman, but there have been pages and pages of posts relating to that particular problem. Suggest you use the forum search facility. To the best of my memory I think the posts were buried in some of the post topics relating to RM 1.63 version issues. Either that or wait for others to duplicate their previous answers again here.

I have Elite controlling trains and eLInk doing the points, so when I get a short I can ESC the Elite and carry on, but I wonder if the eLink could be reset by way of the little red square in the big red Stop button on RM screen, rather than having to do as you describe..

Thanks guys I've already replied to this but it disappeared after hitting the reply button, how odd.

Anyway, I did try searching without success, but the little red button did the trick.

Do we know if there are any plans to reinstate the short circuit warning?

There it was right in the middle of the screen, what could be better or clearer than that?

Surely not a little red button stuck in the corner of a big red button.

Norman, did a search myself and found this post.

See HRMS reply first post on the page.....I would ignore the bit about downloading a fresh copy of RM as that reply was posted in September, but take note of the comment about the .INI file modification.

• 4 weeks later...

I use Railmaster with e-link and had the same problem when I recently downloaded the latest 1.63 upgrade. Short circuit and everything stopped and no on screen warning window, the only way to get things moving again was to shut down railmaster and re-start but all previous settings, speeds or programes were lost. I contacted Hornby and was advised to click on the small square within the `All Stop -All Start` window in the bottom RH corner but all this did was re-set the controller and again all settings were lost.

Basically to solve the problem you have to amend 1 or 2 lines on the ini. file which you can access through the on screen railmaster programe or the main railmaster file. The reply from the support team is as follows and worked OK for me and the `Short Circuit` warning window was recovered, clear short circuit and click the tick and all sorted... Solution is thanks to Railmaster Supprt Team and copied as thus...

.......................................................................................................................................................................

To try and resolve this can you edit the RailMaster.ini file by clicking on the small cog icon on the lower left of the About/Help screen.  If you cannot see the cog then download and install the latest RailMaster from www.powerpos.com/rail-master/rm_setup.exe.When you have clicked on the cog, acknowledge the warning message and ensure the lines "Check controller=1" and "Alternative comms=1" are present in the file.  If they are not just add them to the bottom and save the RailMaster.ini settings, then restart RailMaster.You should also ensure that the BAUD rate for your eLink is set to 115200 in both RailMaster's settings and in the Windows Device Manager under Ports (LPT & Com).  You should also try to ensure that Windows has set a Com port below 5 as per the instructions in the RailMaster PDF guide.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

hope that is of some help to people with similar probs.

Archived