Hornby 8247 Decoder

Stev56

This seems to be a recent recurring reported problem. You are not the first to report it. See this previous post.

These R8247 not being able to configure issues seem to be coinciding with the1.63 RM release. Might be best to report the issue to HRMS via the within RM support request process (see RM 'Help' screen). Then your RM 'log' and other relevant files will be sent to HRMS support to aid diagnostics

Try the suggestions in the other post first though. It is best to use the RM reporting process just after replicating your issue. That way your issue will be captured prominently in the RM 'log' file before it is sent to them.

I am of course assuming that you are trying to configure the R8247 correctly. That is you have disconnected it from your main layout and have connected it to the 'programming' output of your eLink. And are using the 'Accessory Decoder' configuration window within RM.

EDIT: I have a spare R8247 that I have just wired to my controller programming output (Elite not eLink so not an eaxct duplication of your setup). Using RM 1.63 revision 2, I could successfuly read and write the R8247. Worked first time.

This would seem to rule out the programming part of RM as being the issue, there have been lots of issues recently with eLinks and RM 1.62 and 1.63. Does your eLink work without issue in all other respects. i.e controlling locos etc. Any eLink connection issues or spurious screen messages. If so what?

Archived