Sommerset Belle DCC fitted

Vishal

I bought Sommerset Belle DCC fitted a couple of years ago. It worked well the first couple of years. This year when I tried to reset it again it doesn't work.

CASE A: when fitted as specified, leads in A and B track points on the select control and the other ends to the track, the control turns on but the train does not respond to speed and direction controls.

CASE B: when fitted to the AUX output the train moves automatically and does not respond to the speed or direction controls.

I am an amateur so can't figure out what is wrong with the set seems like the track is coming on live but when connected as specified has no movement whatsoever. Am i missing a cable?

the version I am working on is 1.2 Firmware...

thanks you for all your tips...

Hi Vishal, welcome to the forums.  I'm going to assume you are using a Select controller and, for this purpose, it's firmware version is not relevant. 

In in your cases as described, A is where you try to control it on DCC.  However in B, what you are doing is using the DC running feature of DCC and, as the controller auxiliary output is a constant voltage with no ability to vary it, the loco runs at a constant speed and direction cannot be changed. 

Now, what address do you have the Belle set on?  Is it the default 03 or did you change it to something else?  If you did change it, try running it on 03 and see if it has reverted to default.

Irrespective of what you had it set on above, follow the instructions and program it to a different address, not 03 or any other address you may have had it on previously.  Can you run it on this new address?

Let us know how you go.

Thank you Fishmanoz,

i did actually managed to set up using a new address, I wonder that when I tried to do it earlier, I was using addresses that may have been already in use by other set ups while trying to learn programming a couple of years ago..

The train works fine now, however I wonder if you could help me clear all blocked addresses on the select somehow...

Thanks once again..

Vishal, the addresses are stored in the decoder located in the loco, not in the controller. If you were to choose to (not that you would want to of course) you could take 5 different locos and give them all the same address (say 40 for example) and your controller would not complain about it in the slightest. In that respect it is a dumb device.

Archived