iPad Railmaster app

Hi

I recently purchased the iPad Railmaster app. The app connects to my laptop fine detects all the locos and displays the track layout fine. However I can't operate any locos points or signals. If I move the slider on the app the relevant slider on Railmaster moves but the loco remains stationary. Conversely if I start a loco in Railmaster I can stop it using the app but that's it. 

Am at a bit of a loss, anyone else had a similar problem? All suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Hi nNovice, that's not very much for us to go on.  Could you start by confirming to us that you have done the full setup as detailed in the HH manual on your desktop, including particularly the use of static IPs?

If you have done all of that, you might just confirm it is working correctly by looking at some of the forum content on this. You can start by looking at the top locked thread on the RM forum and from there go to AC's excellent separate site and see what he has to say.

And by no means the last resort is to email HRMS from within the Help window of RM.  Do it after you have opened the iPad app and had it fail to pass commands to your locos because a lot of what is happening will be sent with your email to HRMS so they can see exactly what is happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Fishmanoz

I have today installed a new router and assigned everything on the network a static IP address.  Things have improved in that I now have working points and signals but no loco control. Will follow your advice and email the help line but in the mentime if anyone else has any ideas I would love some further advice.

Archived