IPAD HANDHELD PINCH AND ZOOM PROBLEM

I have the HandHeld APP  running  sucessfully on new  iPAD Air 2 but cannot  Pinch and Zoom or Scroll the Track Plan either in the joint loco controller / Plan screen  or in the Plan only screen. 

Also the operation of points is  a bit inconsistant  but this may be due to not being able to get the point operating buttons large enough to ensure correct positional contact on the touch screen.

Anyone out there encountered the pinch & zoom problem on and iPAD, if so have you found a solution.

I have read the posts on  Android  with this problem but could find nothing on the iPAD.  

I have contacted  Railmaster support and am awaiting their further advice. But it would be worth asking  form members  if  they ahve a   solution.

Thanks

I tested RM HH on my iPad over the weekend, and experienced exactly the same problems. In addition the WiFi connection was flaky, although that might be a local issue. I couldn't find any solution or workaround. I need to contact HRMS at some stage - when I get time. 

My Android device is the same as ever: I haven't taken the advice to downgrade Chrome - it works well enough for what I want without pinch and zoom. Surely we cant have this situation for ever?

AM

Interesting Rab. I used my iPad a few days ago for changing points and controlling loco speed which all worked flawlessly. Layout reaction was prompt. I didn't zoom in or out, and to be honest I don't think I ever have, so I have just checked that function and I get the same response as yourself. Unable to zoom and the point operation is not as crisp as previously experienced. It is not consistent either, sometimes the icon will "light" in the new position, sometimes it doesn't. I have also had the icon lighting up and then swapping back to it's earlier position with no further action on my part and no change to the points. Odd. R-

My iPad still won't zoom since iOS 9.1update, & also my points & signals don't show on the plan till I touch there locations numerous times i contacted HRMS was asked for clarification of the pinch & zoom, & the usual checks to make that antivirus checkers could block signals from hh, but this wasn't the case as I had already removed the AV.

I sent them a snapshot of my iPad screen with the missing points & signals but have not had a reply from them since. I even upgraded my Avent laptop from vista to a Toshiba Windows 10  machine reloaded all rm, pro, & Handheld but still the same. Even tried the pinch & zoom with different listed plans but still don't work  so I'm guessing it may be iOS related issue.

ps. The loco control buttons work fine 

Further to my last post.

Sorry  pressed the send button by mistake  before I finished my last post.

My iPAD  is brand new  and is running the latest iOS  Ver 9.1 (13B143).

I should perhaps  also highlighted again that I have had no pinch & zoom  problem on my iPOD Version 6.1.6(10B500) athough it exibits  the incosistent  point operation problem. The size of the buttons on the tarck plan may be the problem here but I remain to be convinced.

From the posts above  it is now clear that HMRS are aware that the pinch & zoom   and  inconsistent point operation  when  using  iPAD  Ver 9.1  are  not isolated  instances as more than  one user has raised these with them.

I sent my latest update of information on these issues tp HRMS on Friday 27  November 2012 ans await their response. To be fair to  HRMS  I have  been seeking their  advice on a number of iPAD Handheld  problems recently and on the whole they have been very quick to reply.  I'll keep you posted  and post their  reply  when I get it.

Happy to answer any questions you may have.

Again thanks for all your replies and reassurance. Much appreciated.

Rab

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

After chasing HRMS  for a update I received an email  the content of which was as floows;

When a company introduces a new version of their hardware or operating system and subsequently messes up the operation of software that worked fine up until then it becomes a problem for us having to drop other planned work to deal with it.Please be patient as we are looking into this and please bear in mind this situation is of Apple's making and ot ours.We never give up on this kind of thing.  It is a frustrating overhead to developing software and if you have been reading the forums you will see that we had to do hundreds of hours of work to get around a bug introduced by Microsoft in Windows 10.  Ths has put us very much behind schedule on many areas of the software including Loco Detection, which is hotly anticipated.When have resolved this an update to the app will be automatically downloaded.  We can provide a timescale at this stage.RegardsRailMaster Support

So in short  HRMS know this issue is a problem  on the IPAD  OS Ver 9.1 and its  in a substantial queue to be sorted.  Sounds like we will know it is fixed when the softeware is update with the fix. We'll only know when its fixed when we run the HANDHELD Software and find Pinch & Zoom works  on  the IPAD Air 2.

If you discover its been fixed would you please post a message  so we can all benefit.

Thanks for all your coments. help and interest.

Best Wishes for Christmas & New Year.

"Jesus is the Reason for the Season" 

Archived