R2781Xs class 56 help

darrenmarkgreen

Hi all,

I require some help seen i have just bought the R2781XS loco,when i put the loco on the track the first time engine sound played,so removed it and when put back on the track did not. when i try to move the loco with the elite i get a humming sound from the loco,the loco does not move in any direction but i think the sound is the motor trying to work.

Any help about this problem would be most greatful.

Thanks

Darren

Hi

I assume you're entering the correct address number for the loco?  New unused should be at address 3.

If you have altered it to something else but have forgotten what address you have two options.

Change its address on the main to anything you want but remove all other locos first.

Or try resetting the decoder back to its default values including address of 3, by carrying out a decoder reset. Hornby use the Loksound V4 decoder in new locos and ealier locos had the V3.5 decoder fittted both are reset via CV8 entering a value of 8.

After that I would be looking at returning it to the dealer where purchased.

Hi all,

I require some help seen i have just bought the R2781XS loco,when i put the loco on the track the first time engine sound played,so removed it and when put back on the track did not. when i try to move the loco with the elite i get a humming sound from the loco,the loco does not move in any direction but i think the sound is the motor trying to work.

Any help about this problem would be most greatful.

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren, just a quick thought. Did you have to take transit brackets off? If so, did you take the screws out too, or wind them back in. If you wound them in, they will be too long, touch the flywheel, and stop the engine moving. Take the screws out if they are there, and it may well be fine.

Hi all,

Thanks for the replys.

I removed the screws holding the brackets in place when I opened the box as in the instructions,the item was bought as a xmas present for me a few months ago from a shop that no longer exists now. The shop was called LD discounts.

I'm hoping to get the reception from who bought it so maybe I could send it back to hornby to be tested as under a year old. I will let you know how thing work out.

Darren

Archived