Green Controller icon.

I don't know if anyone has reported this, but the controller icon on my Windows 7 TabletPRO) it says 'Controller A Inactive'

I have just downloaded Railmaster, from above, onto my Windows 10 10.1" tablet, and on this the icon say 'Controller A1.42'

I re downloaded the Railmaster from above, but there is no change.

Any ideas?

I get the same 'Controller A Inactive' on my Win 8.1, haven't upgraded to Win 10 yet. I've had the inactive status ever since 1.63 was released. Like you, I have a 1.42 firmware Elite.

HRMS did say in a previous post that they were aware of the incorrect status report. The HRMS post inferred that this would be fixed in a later RM release. They appear to be treating it as low priority as it doesn't affect the ability to control things.

WD, I presume that there might be one potential difference. Was the installation of RM on the Win 10 Tablet a completely clean install from scratch, including the Elite driver from scratch too. If that was the case, then maybe whatever is causing the incorrect status report in an upgraded Win 7 / 8 application doesn't happen on a completely clean install. Just a thought....

You may have something there, Chrissaf.

The Win10 tablet has just had a clean install of the latest Windows10 software. 

The Win7 tablet is as when Railmaster was first loaded

I have just downloaded Railmaster on my laptop. This was Win7, but was upgraded to Win10, not a clean install though.

This shows ConrollerA inactive.

Just for the sake of clarity. Although my controller icon shows 'controller inactive' in the popup when the mouse cursor hovers over it. The RM icon itself is still solid green in colour and fully functional in operation.

Rob, did you ever get an answer to your question to HRMS regarding what would be the correct .INI settings if you used an Elite as controller A and an eLink as controller B?

That is to say the settings for:

'Check controller' & 'Alternative comms'

Took the plunge on Sunday and upgraded my dedicated Windows 8.1 RM laptop to Win 10. I will be leaving my Windows 7 desktop alone for as long as possible, but Windows 8x was so dire, anything would be an improvement. Leaving the laptop U/G so late meant that I got the November update 1515 Win 10 version.

Had to make a minor modification to my RM .INI file to get my previous (Win 8.1) Green Controller icon (Elite) back. Changed "Alternative comms" from 0 to 1, but left "Check controller" as per the previous 0. The RM features I use seem to be all working OK, i.e loco control with Elite feedback (single throttle) and points. I don't use programs, hand helds or DCC signals where most of the issues seem to be currently reported.

Now not only did this .INI modification change get my controller Green status back under Win 10, but it now reports "controller A 1.42" as it should, instead of "controller inactive" which is what I had before on Win 8.1 with a Green controller icon.

So far so good, upgrade took under two hours start to finish, inclusive of downloading 2.4GB of Windows installation files.

This post is a copy of the one I placed in the 'Off Topic' Win 10 thread.

"RAF96" - you have not contacted us directly for an update on your particular issue, that of feedback to RailMaster from a second controller (being an Elite).

We understand this is the only issue you have.

We are looking at this however we need to prioritise the work we are doing, especially at this busy time of year.  Your set-up is very rare and we will resolve the issue.

@HRMS

i have not recontacted you direct as the second throttle feedback issue had been reported from within RM and was in hand with yourselves, as well as being an open item of discussion on the forum.

with regard to the =0 or =1 set up in the ini file for dual controllers that was raised on the forum by me as a comment as I did not consider it to be a snag and knowing that you monitor the area it would be picled up.

your statement that my setup is rare...I don't think I am the only one running elite as controller a and eLink as controller b.

keep up the good work.

@HRMS

Just in case there is any confusion in your minds about my 'very rare' setup, can I clarify that I have Elite as controller A in RM operating locos only on the track bus and eLink as controller B controlling points only on a separate bus.

The lack of feedback is from the Elite to a second RM expanded throttle on screen. Feed back to  a primary expanded throttle is and always has been OK.

The only 'rare' part of my points setup is the eLink commands the Hornby acc decoders to fire into the coil of a relay which momentarily pulls in to fire a CDU into the solenoid motors. This relay system is so that I can also operate my  points by way of manual switches as well as with DCC. I would not think this would affect RM in any way.

I trust this helps.

Archived