Help with layout plan

Captain. Whilst you are still in the layout plan design part of the RailMaster application. That is to say, where you place the point control icons and assign addresses to them etc. Then the blue lines will not be visible to you, they do not require you to physically add them within that part of RailMaster. They are added automatically by the RailMaster application once you SAVE your track plan and then load that plan as part of the normal RailMaster application start up.

Note also that once you place the point operating icons on the plan next to the point icon. You need to right click the point operating icon and fill in the point numbers (addresses) to use in the popup configuration box that appears.

Also note that when adding a point operating button icon to the point in the plan. It is best not to try and position the point operating icon manually. Just drag a point operating button icon to the centre of the point icon and release the mouse button. The point operating icon should then SNAP to the correct position on the track plan point. If not doing it this way with the SNAP action, then conditions can arise where the physical point on the layout doesn't operate when the point icon button is clicked, and the blue line point position display in the main RailMaster window may not function correctly. Dragging a single point operating icon to the point on the plan and letting it SNAP to the correct position should also mean that both the Red and Green point operating button icons will appear on the plan.

PS - When you SAVE your track plan, give it a new unique name. Do not overwrite one of the plan names included with RailMaster. If you do, you will lose your track plan the next time RailMaster updates to a new version.

Captain, further to above:

Let's say for arguments sake that you call your track plan "Captains Track Plan". Then to have this plan load when starting up RailMaster. Go to RailMaster's 'System Settings' in RailMaster top navigation row. In the middle of the 'System Settings' window is a pull down box titled 'Start-up Track". You will find your uniquely named track plan listed there in the pull down list once it has been saved in the track plan design window.

For reference see RailMaster version 1.63 user guide page 22 & pages 85 to 87

One last comment.

I am aware that in RailMaster Pro, the testing of points and signals is supported in the track design mode. My previous replies relate to standard RailMaster. I am not sure if the blue point lines are supposed to show in design mode or not when using ProPack to perform point testing.

EDIT: Having just had a look at RailMaster user guide page 85. The Pro pack point testing buttons look to be additions to the point configuration box. Thus it would appear that you do not test by clicking the point icons on the track plan itself when in design mode, thus there is no reason why blue point indicators should need to be included in the ProPack track design window.

Many thanks Chris. Tried what you said as usual you were 100% correct.

I am currently building a small test track using a Peco (sorry Hornby to use that word) electrofrog small radius point with a length of hornby straight coming of each end. This will be used as my programming track but in the meantime I am using it to practice my soldering, track laying, electrofrog point wiring, point motor installation (Gaugemaster PM1), Hornby Accessory Decoder, ballasting etc etc before tackling my main layout.

My main layout is pending waiting for renos to finish but will eventually be 2.4m X 1.5m which is all I can fit in my spare room until I win lotto and buy a bigger house. Still working on the eventual layout plan which is becoming most frustrating. Thinking about a single track going around so that there is a bit of length to the circuit as a double track (for trains going each way) would mean a much shorter run. Have two loco's (Hornby Majestic Set) so if I want to run them together I will have to be careful not to rearend.

Again, thanks again.

Since the standard centre to centre spacing of the tracks is 67mm that means the inside oval would only be 134mm shorter and 134mm narrower.

I haven't calculated the difference in the circumference of both ovals but I don't imagine it would be so dramatic that you would need to run both trains on the one track to get a bit of length.

Putting two trains on one track more than cuts that length in half.

That's quite puzzling logic your using and I'd love to know the explanation for it.

Archived