Finding track plan and saved locos

I'm getting a bit cheesed off with myself, I've installed RM on a new PC but don't have my custom track plan or locos.

I know it should be quite simple and I have looked at the guide but can't sort it out.

Should I have saved the files to a USB drive before deregistering RM or can someone tell me how to get my plan and locos.

Hi Norman,

As long as you didn't uninstall the Railmaster software from your old pc, then everything should still be there. Look for the Railmaster folder in either C:Program Files or C:Program Files (x86). All of the plan files have suffixes of .PLN, including the one you have created. I believe the locomotives you have set up will be held in a file called RESOURCE.MDB.

Ray

I've saved the PLN file to the USB drive but when I try to open it with RM it just goes back to the USB drive list.

The resource file just save as a MS office file

Hi Norman,

You need to copy the files from the USB drive into the newly installed Railmaster folder on your new pc. Having done that, you should then start up Railmaster, go into the Settings window, and look for your plan file in the dropdown list, and select that as your main layout.

Ray

Archived