Pendolino Light Problems

Duke748

Hi

I’ve just installed a new decoder (R8249 4 Function) to my DCC Ready Hornby Pendolino. I’m running RailMaster Pro through an eLink box. I managed to programme the loco’s DCC ID & having read the “Loss of Functionality” forum thread I double checked CV29 which seems to be set up correctly (Decimal Value 6 with 28/128 speed steps & DC operation enabled). 

The problem I’m having is that none of the lights on the drive unit at the front of the train come on but the dummy power car at the back of the train has both the white & red lights permanently on. When I run the train on DC, the lights work fine with white at the front & red at the back in both directions. Movement-wise, the train works fine in both directions under RailMaster control. Ditto when moving forwards under analogue DC but it’s very stop/start in reverse under analogue control since I fitted the decoder chip. The same thing occurs with the 0-6-0 loco I have (Hornby factory fitted decoder), it goes forwards OK but keeps stopping & starting in reverse through the analogue controller. 

I guess it’s not a big deal as the train seems to run correctly but I’m wondering if I’ve done something wrong?

Many thanks 

Archived