Deleting items in Track Plan Designer

Have started to set my practice/programming track plan up in Track Plan Designer.

I have put some incorrect elements in and wish to detete them. When I select the item, then either select delete on my keyboard or in the Track Plan Designer itself, sometimes the item will delete, but most times it won't.

Any help here will be appreciated.

Off the top of my head I believe there is a screen refresh in  Pro which should clear any plan changes.

also the correct way to delete plan elements is to select them and select the dustbin icon.

it is also good practice after making changes to save, close and restart RM.

... fix for the next update - are you listening RM Support.

We have a thread called 'Desirable features for next Software update' that is currently at the bottom of page 2 of this RailMaster section that we have been using to collect topics like this.  If it is something that needs attention, it would probably be worth you adding it to that thread.

Yes I am using the latest RM version (1.63 pro).

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry Captain - I should have made a better response. Are you on Revision 2 of 1.63? You can check quite easily by hovering your  mouse over the yellow box in the lower right hand corner of the main RM screen that has (in a very small font) 1.63 in it (to the left of the clock and those other bits and pieces). When your mouse cursor is over this yellow box you will see a revision number pop up which will either be "0", "1" or "2". What do you have? I know this is a fixed issue as I reported it some weeks ago and the latest revision sorted it out. R-

EDIT: no idea why my text turned up in the coloured box, and can't seem to sort it out now, hence the line above. R-

Are you on Revision 2 of 1.63?

No my RM is Revision 1 of 1.63. When it starts up it says its checking for updates - so if a Revision 2 is available how do I get it. Would have assumed that it would update automatically but perhaps the update hasn't filtered through to the Southern Hemisphere yet.

Are you on Revision 2 of 1.63?

No my RM is Revision 1 of 1.63. When it starts up it says its checking for updates - so if a Revision 2 is available how do I get it. Would have assumed that it would update automatically but perhaps the update hasn't filtered through to the Southern Hemisphere yet.

Click the link at the head of the Railmaster section of the Forum.

Ray

Click the link at the head of the Railmaster section of the Forum.

Ray

Thanks Ray. Did that and am now on Revision 2. Wonder why it hasn't been picked up when RM checks for updates at each startup.

It will only do that when 1.63 updates to 1.64. It doesn't automatically update for a new revision within the same version.

Ray

Captain, just to put a little bit more meat on the bone to add to what Ray has said.

As some will be aware, I have been monitoring the download file from the top of the RailMaster forum section for some considerable time. As far as I can tell, the revision 2 download file dated 11-11-15 has been stable since that date.

Each time a new update is detected by RM start-up, bugs invariably get reported and the manual download file gets minor bug fixes made by HRMS over the next few days and/or weeks following the official update. Not all of these minor updates are given a new revision number either.

As far as I can tell, HRMS don’t make these minor updates trigger an auto update because not all users are necessarily affected by each bug. Usually, somebody reports an issue via the inbuilt help system and then HRMS direct the affected user to download the latest file to fix it.

Personally, I would decline the auto-update for the first week or two so that any significant reported bugs are fixed first. Then when you do accept the auto-update, the file you get will invariably be a later file compared to the one early adopters got.

The fact that the manual download file is constantly evolving is why you will see so many times on this forum, the recommendation to ‘download the latest file’ even if you only did it yesterday.

As Ray said, it is usually only the major revisions e.g going from 1.61 to 1.62 to 1.63 that will trigger auto-updates. The minor revisions going from 1.63 revision 0 to revision 1 to revision 2 do not. Neither do the revisions that happen that do not even get a change of revision number.

If in doubt about having the latest version, always download from the RailMaster forum link. The hyperlink of that link just points to the official HRMS “powerpos.com” server anyway, this will always give you the latest version possible.

I see that later today (after my earlier post) RailMaster I.63 revision 3 has been posted. Have had a look at the 'release notes' and nothing is documented as to what might be different in this latest revision 3 release.

Archived