Railmaster v Norton

AC, in its regular reports to me, Trend has never told me that it has found anything within Spybot that it has to deal with.  While I agree it could do so, in fact it doesn't seem to.  Similarly, it has never found anything in Malwarebytes. 

Then again, it didn't find an actual infection I had either, I think embedded in every word file on my system, thousands of them.  Took MS Tech Support to sort that out for me.

@Fishy

Certain programs for certain infections... that's been this way for a few years now. So, as I say, no one program fits all.

Newer infections will always take time to be erdicated as the definitions take time to roll out because you can't write a definition for an infection that doesn't exist.

It is mostly av programs that don't like each other as definitions are looked at more aggressively than those of malware or spyware and should warn you that when one is to be installed alongside another that you should uninstall the first one. Eventually all these av programs should catch all infections but that unfortunately is only wishful thinking as some are better than others.

Swings and roundabouts unfortunately....

Archived