Scotsman TTS speeds

Fozzy Bear

Hello folks, hope you all had a good Christmas. My "issue" is the speeds on my FS. The original decoder failed so the loco was returned to the shop and a new decoder fitted . The trouble is that now there is very little difference in speed between about 60kmh and 146kmh but when I dial up 147kmh, it takes off like a scalded cat and also makes an odd whirring sound but I think this is from the motor running too fast Are there some CV adjustments that can be made to make the speed more linear? (Using RM with an elink on Windows 8 laptop just in case someone asks) The only thing I have changed is the loco address.

I think I have found the solution after a long time on google. I changed CV150 from 0 to 1 which changes the motor algorithm from non linear to linear. It runs quite well now  though a bit more tweaking with the acceleratio/deceleration cvs is needed as it starts and stops a bit quicker than before.

This also got rid of the jerky starting which many people have mentioned. Thank you for your help

Archived