Problem installing RailMaster software

Hi When setting up RailMaster (on my new Christmas Western Express ELink train set ) asked to unblock software as instructions say, I accidently only ticked Private network and not both Private and Public networks as it tells you to,  does anyone know how I can rectify this please. How can I go back and tick both boxes?

Grateful for your help.

Hi train_boy... welcome to the forum..

You do not need to enable or tick any boxes for Public networking at all. This side of networking is where you literally open up your PC or laptop to anyone from the outside which would inevitably allow them to do rather malicious things to said computer.

As you are using your computer from home, at least I summise that, then you ONLY need to enable Private settings. Public is a definite no no... regardless of what you read unless you really need someone to access your PC or laptop from outside your home setting.

The third option here is 'domain' which may or may not be visible to you within the Windows Firewall. This is only for those who run a server from their home network... like myself and my business.

So if you have enabled Private settings and are using that then ONLY those settings are effective anyway. Even if Public is ticked it will not be accessed normally.

Archived