Linkinmg to Locos

Hi

Got the Western Master set for Christmas. All set up and running with the loco provided but I cannot for the life of me get the system to run the 2 other DCC fitted locos I have which are the Jinty (R052) and Class 8 (R156). Have added them to the list in the way shown in the Guide and they are showing but no reaction.I have read the Guide but still can't hook up with them, Have activated the account. Any help greatfully received. Have tried everything already stated on this blog. Many thanks

(Simon says that his Loco's are DCC fitted.)

In that case Simon, what numbers have been allocated to them and are you calling them up correctly.  Or did you obtain them from someone else and you are not aware of the DCC id numbers that have been allocated to them.  If this is the case, you need to reprogram the DCC id number to whatever number you chose (but don't pick 03 because that is the id number given to all new DCC Loco's as a default and you need to change from that whenever new Loco's are added)

Please let us know how you get on.

Simon, glad you have started your own thread.  You might look at the reply I just gave to JKPB though, but make sure you come bsck here to answer further questions. 

Dynax, those 2 locos are I think from the Mixed Freight DCC set.  Simon, if it is that set you have, don't connect the Select as well as eLink to your track, you cannot run 2 DCC controllers at once.  You will also need to change all your loco IDs from the default of 03 they come with to different IDs, one at a time connected to the programming output, before you can run them together.

• 2 weeks later...

Simon, try for a start disconnecting the track from the track output and only have the programming track connected.  See how that goes.  You can also try gentle pressure on the loco when you are doing the actual write operation to the decoder.

If you want to check you are using the correct procedure to write a new ID, go to the second top sticky thread in this RM forum and read the section in it from HRMS on how it is done. That's a little clearer than the manual.

Archived