INI FILE

Yelrow

greetings, can someone direct me to where i can print off the INI file, as it should look. My RM, goes right through to setting points, please wait , then in theory ready, but nothing runs. I just want to check the list, as it can only be sommat simple. john

John, as you only want to print it and not modify it. Navigate to the railmaster.ini file in the Railmaster program folder. Right click it to choose open it in Notepad. Double clicking it should have the same effect. Once it displays in Notepad, just use the Notepad printing function in the 'pull down' file menu.

Or as Fishy says, just right click and choose print option, same difference.

As to what it should look like. That is to say you want to compare what you have in your particular .INI file against what you think you should have in it. Then that is more difficult. That is the whole purpose of an .INI file. It has the potential to be UNIQUE to your particular set up. So anything you compare your particular file to, may not be appropriate to your setup anyway.

Page 32 / 33 of the 1.63 Railmaster manual gives the 'default' .INI file listing, before it is 'user modified'.

Chrissaf, fishy, thanks.  It is just that RM now  launches, but with no working controls/ sound. Normally, after it has set points, please wait, it fires up. Suddenly, it does not. If it gets this far, cant be anything to do with usb/com/baud/firewall/  ?, so i thought perhaps ini file. I really have no idea. john

John,

There is also a file in the RM folder called LOG.TXT, which is re-created from new every time you start a session, and it is supposed to record everything which happens during the session. What you can try is this:-

1. Start up RM.

2. Put the kettle on and have yourself a cuppa - wait at least 10 minutes.

3, Close down RM. Make a note of the time when you close it down.

4. Locate the LOG.txt file in the RM folder, and double-click on it. This should open the file in Notepad.

Examine the log file and using the times down the left hand side, see if you can work out what the last thing was which is recorded before the time of the close down. This may give a clue or two as to what is happening (or NOT happening).

By the way, you said it got to "setting points please wait" - DID it actually set any points?

Ray

Hi Ray, thanks. RM set the points fine, so i turned that off protem. It still comes up on screen, setting points. I totally fail to understand why it wont make the last step. Have re set Elite back to factory settings. Will do as you advise tomorrow, and report back. john

Archived