railmaster program and operate.

fac

I have one elink running two seperate track levels (higher and lower) I wish to run my engines on the higher level from a railmaster program while operating trains on the lower level via the railmaster interface.. Is this possible or do i require another e link?

The two tracks are fully isolated other than the common connection to Elink. The reason i asked the question is i suspected that someone on here would already know the answer which helps a lot ,as i live 12 miles from the layout. I had used automation on the top line but had not tried to operate the lower line at the same time. Thank you all for your assistance probably saved me the cost of a further e link.

RailMaster allows the simultaneous running of programs as well as manual control of locos, points and signals through the program.  You need to be cautious, though.

Operating any loco manually, which is being controlled in a currently running program will put that loco off course.  The same thing applies to points and signals.

There is no need to isolate sections as RailMaster allows the control of your entire layout using programs and/or manual control at the same time.  The idea is that using a small program to do something interesting and you controlling locos manually allows more to be going on on the layout and makes operation more interesting.  

You can also control locos manually with your iPad, Android phone, tablet etc. while running a program.

Archived