how do you get your locos back

Yelrow

HRMS, please read my 2 emails. It was yourself that installed this into my new machine, when you un installed it from my french one. I was in the middle of playing trains when all went blank. Nothing i have done, for a change. Can you pop it back for me. john

And you will remember that we spent some time connecting to both your computers to backup your locos, track plans and programs from your old PC and copied them onto your new PC and you saw them all present and correct.

Something else has happened in the mean time on your new computer to cause the problem you are now having.

John, I've already posted in your other thread that I have no idea why they went missing, although I made some suggestions, but the only way to get them back is if you had another copy saved of your resource.mdb file somewhere, like on your other computer.  Then you can copy it back into the computer where it's gone missing.

PS.  You are making this complicated by having the same subject in 2 threads.  I'm now going to go to the other one to see if you have any more questions to be answered.

Just to be clear John, what you've said above is a "path" telling you a directory (or folder, depending on which terminology if any that you are familiar with) which happens to be the one that contains all of the RM files.  Files that are the RM program that's runs RM, files that contain all the data that is stored for use by RM.  one of those files has the name resource.mdb and contained in it are all of your locos and their setup information.  This file has clearly gone missing or been corrupted for whatever reason, and to get your loco data back, you need to find another copy somewhere and put it back here.

The place where you are likely to find it is on your old computer.  It will be in the directory C:Program files (X86)Railmaster.  You need to make a copy of the file resource.mdb from there onto your dongle (yes, do please keep the dongle under your cost, don't leave it swinging in the freezing breeze), then take the dongle to your new computer and copy into that same named directory.  If when you try it says,cthe file already exists,cdo you want to overwrite it, say yes.  We know any copy already there must be corrupted, otherwise RM would have recognised it and you would already have your locos.  Having done that, all your locos will be back when you restart RM.  Voila!  Trop simple.

Now I'm going to go and check out your other thread, hopefully not to find that Chris or someone has already posted exactly the same instructions there!  Vous et votre deux threads!

Archived