Elink Sound Problems

I have a class 47tts running with elink and railmaster 1.63 revision 3. Its been working fine but now suddenly if I activate F1 to turn engine sound on it starts up but after a few seconds it shuts down ie no idle and no sound as it goes round the track. All other sound functions are working OK. Looked up fact sheet that came with loco read all about leaving thrashing left on etc. Changed loco address CV8 to 8 to reset defaults no go. As loco has two sound channels one seems to be working and one not. I therefore suspected  the loco. In desparation I tried loco with my old select unit bingo everything worked fine. Problem is therefore not with the loco. Anybody any ideas? My only thought is to completely uninstall railmaster and start again with all the problems that brings.

John, welcome to the forum with your 1st post.

I wish I had £1 for everytime I provided this answer. The "F1 Sound" button label in Railmaster needs to have the text "on/off" included in the label name.

To save me re-typing a whole answer, see this previous reply recently posted. In this case the function in question related to F0  'Lights' but it is the same for F1 'Sound' as well.

EDIT: as magfan said. Don't uninstall RM. It isn't necessary, nearly every RM issue I have ever seen is usually a mis-configuration issue of some type.

Archived