rm_setup.exe 1.63 and anti virus software.

When my copy of Rail Master updated to version 1.63, my Bull Guard internet software stopped it from completing its task. As a result Rail Master no loger worked. It took a while to bite the bullet and fix it. So much reading and testing involved. I have written a post on by web site relating my experiences. It will surely help someone using Rail Master. My blog is www.titobill777.com. the direct link to the bost is  http://www.titobill777.com/general/rail-master-upda…tivirus-software/ . I under stand that I am not alowed to advertise here. This is not an atvertisement. My site is purelully recreational.

Regards

Bill Hughes

Bill, all you had to do to fix your issue was add the following two lines to your railmaster.ini file. See the middle of page 33 of your 1.63 RM manual regarding how to edit your .INI file from within RM.

Alternative comms =1

Check controller =0   (see note below)

This is a well-documented fix for an Elite using version 1.63 on a Windows 10 PC that exhibits the behaviour you elegantly described. Your blog is beautifully written, but because the fix is so simple and doesn't involve your AV product or re-installing RM, it is a tad misleading.

Note: the manual on page 33 recommends this setting =1

I have found this is the right setting for an eLink, but with an Elite =0 seems to work better.

Addendum to my last post. Please ignore the (see note below) comment. I didn't look closely enough at the manual and mis read it (too hurried in writing my reply). The suggested .INI lines and values are correct as written in my reply for an Elite on Win 10 and are the ones in the maual that are recommended to use.

Just on AV Bill and others,cthis is a complex issue these days and many have trouble getting it right.

However, there are 2 resources to help.  The first is the separate AV document that RM installation downloads to your desktop.  The second is AC's excellent separate site which is referenced from the top sticky thread in this RM forum, and which has extensive content on it.

Just when i was going to place the referral for TitoBill to my site Fishy you pop in with just that!

I would add however, for anyone who doesn't realise, that the site has the full approval of this forum's Admin and has comprehensive details on all things AV for the purposes of using RM at its optimal best..

The site will be updated very shortly to cover some other aspects which have been noted but because of the Xmas and New Year period I have been too busy to apply these... the link is the RailMaster Hep Site as mentioned above by our fast Aussie buddy Fishy... :-)

Archived