Contact lost with e-Link Controller

I am using railmaster with elink on my.Vista laptop and been running 

it just over a year. I wanted to program  an accessory decoder with different point nos. Using a programming track

on setting up I lost conyact with the elink controller I checked for the

driver port on device manager and it had disappeared and the elink just keeps flashing green 

Is there a problem with elink! Should I uninstall  and start again

I am using version  1.6  any suggestions

Hi Robert, welcome to the forums.  For a start, the very last thing you will need to do is uninstall and start again.  However, the first thing you should do is download and update to the latest version via the link at the top of this RM forum.  Just click on the link, then follow instructions to run and update.

Let us know how you go and if that fixes it.

Strange Robert that you think the 4A PSU is duff when you said you had a green flashing light on the eLink.

Usually these things work or they dont - no in-between state.

If you have a meter then could you please check the output voltage and report back.

I dont think its anything to do with 4 amp supply. If you re- connected it, and turned everything back on, it would i think be fine. Its all to do with the RM/ elink, connection, the wait, wait wait bit. Once you turn it on, wait for everything to stop  flashing, all   will be good?. john

Robert, it sounds like you haven't got the extra two lines in your 'railmaster.ini' file that are recommended when using the 1.63 version of RM.

Alternative comms & Check controller

See the fifth post down by HRMS in this previously posted thread.

Review page 33 of your 1.63 user manual. The electronic pdf one that RM will have installed onto your desktop as part of the upgraded RM installation, not any previous printed copy. Since you are using Vista with eLink. I would think going by what is shown on page 33 that Alternative comms =0 and Check controller =1 will be the appropriate entries. If that doesn't work try Alternative comms =1 instead. See the middle section of page 33 to see how to access and edit your .INI file.

Thank you for your infomation you are quite right it is not the 4amp power as it works with my select

The elink green light stays on with the1amp power plug cannot get any output power for my program track

I am coming to conclusion that that there is a fault with elink

I will try some of your suggestions first and will come back

thanks again robert

Archived