Cv settings

Smithy58

i have just installed an Esau sound decoder in to an gauge HST, in the procees of trying to change the default cv from 3 to 11, I noticed the time to pause between readings seems to be defaulting to 4 s, has some update taken place  As every time I change it to 15 s it keeps reverting back to 4 and is causing problems with trying to read the decoder values.

thankns in advance for any help

regards 

colin

Colin,

Whenever you get these kind of quirky odd things happening, I find the best thing to do is to over install your current installation with the very latest one downloaded from the link at the top of the forum Railmaster section. Currently showing 1.63 revision 4 - no need to uninstall current version first, just run the downloaded installer over the top of the installed version and the relevant files will be updated.

There was a post recently where HRMS stated they had modified CV reading & writing for Accessory Decoders, this might have affected Loco decoder CV reading & writing too. In that post, they recommended downloading the latest version as I stated above.

If that doesn't fix your issue, then report it to HRMS using the inbuilt support request feature located on the RM help page as WD suggested. HRMS will only come back and ask you to install the latest copy anyway, that always seems to be their stock initial response, so you might as well do it first to save time.

I think I gave you the wrong answer.

On my Win7 tablet, when connected to the elink, I get exactly what you say, it defaults to 4 seconds. Still reads cvs correctly. Is running Propack.

When not connected to elink the time stays as set, but of course, is not doing anything.

On my Win10 laptop, when connected to the elink, I get exactly what you say, except it defaults to 8 seconds. Doesn't read cvs. Is running standard Railmaster in evaluation mode..

When not connected to elink the time stays as set, but of course, is not doing anything.

Have you queried this with HRMS?

ps. both up to date.

Archived