R8213 plug issue

Jackthefool

pics below, sorry if the pictures are too large.

I've just got back into the train life again after 5 years ordered a few new additions, and i only just realised i lost my plug to the select controller so i found a 12v netgear plug, you know those router ones as you will see in pics and i have attached an adapter to it which works when i turn it on from the mains but the controller makes a buzzing i noise i turned it off worried that it might be burning things out inside the controller, all i would like to know is, is it safe? if not i will buy a proper transformer plug or whatever they are called :P, thanks for your help./media/tinymce_upload/2081fa226ad2bedb3aafed60aedfbbff.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/4f8bf49c7fe2a7ab285635bfaf919166.JPG

/media/tinymce_upload/9c8509138e5356d8cc52753cbb9662a5.JPG

The official Hornby power pack is 15 volts DC output not 12 volts.

If it is buzzing, then that would probably indicate that your 12 volt power pack output is not electrically smooth enough (regulated) as well as not being the correct voltage.

The original Select 1 amp power supply is not an orderable item. Hornby recommend the P9300 4 amp power supply as being the official replacement power supply for the Select (click the red link above).

Archived