Problem with Android handheld tablet

I have for month run the handheld on my android tablet on version 35 with auto update off.Yesterday Chrome updated of it own accord to version 47. I put it back to 35, checked auto update off. Today it updated to again of its own accord to version 47. So I thought let's try railmaster on version 47, it will now only load as evaluation version despite the activation code showing in the help screen. Not worried about track plan zoom not working. Any ideas what's going on? I suppose I will have to try yet again going back to version 35!

How to stop Android apps automatically updating

Step One

On your Android smartphone or tablet open the Google Play Store. If there isn't an icon on your homescreen then look in the app menu.

Step Two

Tap the menu button (three square dots) located at the top right hand side of the screen and select 'Settings'.

Step Three

Simply un-tick the box where it says 'Auto-update apps' and your apps will need your permission to download updates.

You may know this already but it's here if you don't. This will stop all auto downloads instead of individual ones which may or not be better for you.

There was a reason if I am right that version 35 of this crazy browser is required and not any of the newer versions... I believe HRMS quoted that a little while back. I hate Chrome with a vengeance... it's too intrusive like everything Giggle and I refuse to use any of their products... information gatherers supreme this lot :-)

Archived