How do I Change Loco Addresses using the Select Controller?

shaun_cassidy

I am new to using my Select and have inadvertently assigned multiple addresses to individual locos, and consequently more than one loco will activate, when I wish a specific loco to move. Is there a way of clearing the assigned addresses from locos and reassiging a single address?

I know the select can be cleared, but not the locos?

Cassola, welcome to the forum with your 1st post.

Since the Select doesn't have a separate 'programming' output. I would recommend having a short length of 'programming' track put to one side with its own individual DCC power connector attached. Then when you need to program a loco you can then detach your track from the Select output and connect your dedicated piece of programming track instead. That way, you have no chance of replicating your error again.

Remember, should you (or have already) install(ed) Accessory Decoders for points, then these also have to be isolated from the track output when programming a loco on the track. So having a separate programming track piece, eliminates the risk of compromising the Accessory Decoder configurations as well. A 'win win' situation.

As RJ says, just overwrite the incorrect loco addresses with the correct ones. Just remember to have only the loco being programmed on the programming track.

Archived