RM 1.63 revision 5 (now available for download)

Guest Chrissaf

HB, ignore what is shown on the top of the RM forum page. That text is manually written in by Admin. It is only a hyperlink to the HRMS powerpos.com server anyway, where the RM download file is located. Even though it says revision 4 on this forum site, if you download the file and look at 'properties' it reports the application version as being 1.63.5.0 the 5 in the file version number is the revision number. Come Monday when Admin return to the office, the text on the forum link will probably be updated as it has on previous ocassions when I have reported a new file revision being available. Since the HRMS powerpos.com server and the RM setup file is controlled by HRMS not Hornby, it takes a while for text on this Hornby site to be updated.

Any ideas what it updates/fixes?

No......

Where do they tell us?

They don't.......

Every time a new release is issued the same question comes up shortly thereafter. What is in the new version?

In principle, with each major release HRMS include a file in the Railmaster program folder called "release notes.txt". This text file gives only the significant changes for the new major release. Unfortunately, going from revision 4 to revision 5 is considered by HRMS a minor release or maintenance release. It will only be 'bug' fixes and not additional 'features'. HRMS to date, have never provided a new updated "release notes.txt" file for a minor release, only major releases.

Even when there is a new updated "release notes.txt" file. Invariably, apart from new features it just states 'bug fixes' without specifying which ones.

Occasionally, HRMS may report in this forum, when asked, what has been fixed in a new revision, but usually it is down to the users to find out for themselves.

If you keep checking back here. I daresay users will post any changes and/or improvements they have identified over the next week or so.

pukka |ˈpəkə| (also pukkah)adjective informal, chiefly Brit.genuine: the more expensive brands are pukka natural mineral waters.• of or appropriate to high or respectable society: it wouldn't be considered the pukka thing to do.• excellent: “That Danny is totally gorgeous.” “Yeah, pukka haircut.”ORIGIN late 17th cent.: from Hindi pakkā ‘cooked, ripe, substantial.’

Adj.1.pucka - absolutely first class and genuine; "pukka sahib"; "pukka quarters with a swarm of servants"pukkaBharat, India, Republic of India - a republic in the Asian subcontinent in southern Asia; second most populous country in the world; achieved independence from the United Kingdom in 1947superior - of high or superior quality or performance; "superior wisdom derived from experience"; "superior math students"

Many adopted English words are derived from foreign languages, French, Latin, Greek, or as here from the Raj.

I haven't downloaded it yet John but I'm not holding my breath.

@John

That's very much a tongue sticking out of mouth - NO.

As we say in Cyprus siga-siga slowly-slowly. It's enough that HRMS has adopted industry standard version configuration without hoping that they have sorted all my reported problems as well.

I'll go and have a look, now that I have trashed my old end-2-end  layout, built another more compact roundy-round one (for better play value I hope) and got all the essential (but not all) electric string joined up again.

Rob

..Memo to self - Maybe I should change the spinning wheel to a wavy RAF flag...

Having downloaded Rev 5 I note no change on my problems:

A) Second throttle still does not echo Elite speed change commands.

B) Second throttle function button blue numbers are still corrupt.

In both cases first throttle works fine apart from function blue numbering is out of sequence and different according to which loco is selected.

See photo...

/media/tinymce_upload/3e0637a366326cbf5398208713c5556e.PNG-resized.jpg

... Maybe I should change the spinning wheel to a wavy RAF flag ...

Or maybe just a still image.  That one is so distracting!

I agree, RDS.   I was so distracted I started parting with money which pleased SWMBO so I have blocked the spinning gizmo and the avatar now just reads 'RAF96'..............sorry Rob..............HB

Where is your spinner RAF96 ?  😆

Emoticons and Spell check at last!  😎

All we need on the forum now is PM's

NOTE: If you add emoticons and then go back to edit your message the icons disappear!

STRANGE: I went in to edit, removed them and placed new ones... now they have come back at the opposite end of the line?

Archived