Inside your Hornby DCC controllers...

96RAF

These pictures show you what's inside the eLink and Elite controllers - to save you having to find the special triangular screwdriver needed to take yours to bits.

eLInk

/media/tinymce_upload/6816d32f2d8e4a78bcd74edd48d03d24.JPG-resized.jpg

Elite

/media/tinymce_upload/c0e93d7a1222a3714ee006c53cd2aecc.JPG-resized.jpg

Disconnect the white/blue ribbon cable and under the main PCB is the display PCB and keyboard buttons:

/media/tinymce_upload/c802a4cc81990a9daa6ad54d7b61da01.JPG-resized.jpg

Ignore the trailing black wire in the 2nd picture and the glued down one in this picture as they are for my Elite backlight.

Keen eyes will spot the large current controlling resistors to the left side of each main PCB for the PROG track (51R and 51O).

Admin...........this is the second post where the pictures are overprinting the text ?  Hope you can fix soon......

Good photos, Rob.  My Elite is at Hornby at present awaiting repair (hopefully) I blew it up when the USB cable touched the live track inadvertantly.........expensive oversight! 😢.....so if Hornby return it unfixed I may have a go myself if it is just a component that needs replacing.......HB.

@HBM

The thing is easily repairable if you can get the bits and are happy poking a hot soldering iron around electronic boards.

Someone with more knowledge than I could even suggest alternative replacement components to those installed.

@Admin

I deleiberately put the text in the correct place when lodging the pictures, so I have no idea why they fouled up.

I am viewing in Edge browser  both in full screen and restored view where the text is all down the right hand edge of the pictures and in Safari on iPad where it is the same generally but not as 'in-your-face'..

Archived