Railmaster/e-link Reset

david.a

Hi

I am currently relaying the track on my system and have had a few problems with shorts and  derailments which im currently working through

My question is after such a fault what is the best way to reset the system in order to gett it running again as all i seem to be able to do is shut everything down then restarting again which is time consuming.

The system is on a vista desktop and has the latest update installed as of yesterday

Thanks

I remember seeing a post recently by Rob (RAF96) that said (if I understood his post correctly) that there was a small clickable area in the centre of the large Red 'Stop' button in Railmaster that performed an eLink controller reset that eliminated the need to go through the whole rigmarole of shutting down and restarting everything. However, I haven't been able to find this clickable button myself.

Rob, if you see this would you care to confirm the details......at least I think it was you who made the original posted comment.

Correct Chris

in the RM screen large red stop button there is a small red square which when pressed resets the attached controller(s) whether eLink and/or elite Without having to close down and restart RM.

Point of clarification Rob. Is this small red square visible all the time or only when it is needed. I have been unable to locate it (PS - I don't have ProPack).

Hi checked my railmaster screen and the little red button for a controller reset is as you said in the top right of the big red button and actually is on show all the time. when button is red it has a little dotted line all round it when in green its clear to see. just never noticed it before - better go to specsavers lol.

Having tested it yes it does reset the system but i find i still have to unplug the usb lead, wait five seconds then replug it to get the system to work - is this normal ? at least i dont have to shut everything down anymore

@david

I have an Elite and an eLInk connected and if and when I have ever had to reset them using the 'hidden' button I have never had to resort to unplugging/replugging the USB cables. I tend to leave them well alone if at all possible given the problems some people have had with USB comms, something thankfully I have never experienced.

Check out the very last post from HRMS that has recently been added to the end of the locked post at the top of the forum Railmaster section titled "Railmaster: Setting Up and getting Started". The last addition there has a sub title "Railmaster and Windows 10". Don't be put of by the reference to Windows 10, the content of the post is valid for all Windows versions.

I'm out of ideas (except one see below). But Rob's clickable red square has got you somewhere closer to being hassle free.

I take it your eLink has got the latest 1.07 firmware?

Spelling and spaces (or lack of them) is paramount in the ini file, although if you insert a typo'd line (as I did) then RM will flag it at the next start up.

After being warned and re-spelling controller2= correctly in my ini file it loaded fine the next time.

Archived