DCC fitting to Manston BoB loco

Gary_Leeds

I am trying to fit a chip to my BoB ltd edition R3249 Manston loco but am struggling to dismantle the tender to put the chip in. According to the instructions included it says remove the 2 screws in the rear of the tender and then pull down and back from the front of the tender. I have used what I class as excessive force to try and separate the body from the frame but it is not budging an inch. Has anyone managed to get this loco apart and fit a decoder?

hi Gary

I had the same problem with the Winston Churchill. I belive the instructions are wrong. You remove the screws and pull back and down from the rear ,not the front.  Then the  top comes off the tender.

just Be very carfull with the steps, as they can get broken.

Someone else had the same problem with the Manston, followed the instructions above and all was ok.

Hope this helps.

Cheers sparrow hawk, it was exactly that, and yes some steps fell off lol. but simple enough to stick back on. Makes you wonder why Hornby have not taken the same approach as they have with Scalextric and have an easy access hatch underneath where you can just pop a decoder in without opening anything up. Maybe remove the coal in the tender to have the socket available there

Archived