TTS scotsman sound Distorted

olly

Last night I was giving my TTS scotsman a run and all of a sudden the running sound became distorted for no reason.  

I have tried resetting the decoder sound but it's still the same very crackly and distorted it sounds like the speaker has blown or something.

has anybody else here and this problem?

This is the second TTS Scotsman  I've had the first one would not run properly and had lots of defects to the model.

is there anyone more senior in customer care I can contact ?   I've heard others on here mention  Mark Lodge ? 

• 4 weeks later...

I have finally received my flying Scotsman back from Hornby this morning  after over three weeks

yesterday they sent me someone else's class 67 by mistake  the paperwork was for my address and the flying Scotsman speaker repair under warranty .

I don't know how anyone could get them  mixed up!

I am really not happy about the level of customer care  I have received from hornby .  I don't think they are really interested in the customers. 

I did say to them when I first contacted them would it not be easier to send me the  speaker or the decoder whichever was the most likely to have been the problem so I could have fitted it myself.  but they said they couldn't do that.

if I have the same problem again I will just buy replacement speaker and fit myself it is not worth the hassle of going through hornby customer care. you never know whether you will get your locomotive back or not and have to make numerous phone calls.  

If you had whipped the top off that class 67 while you had it you would have found an 8 ohm speaker according to the manual.

i suggest if you change your speaker that you go for that rating as the TTS amplifier is stated as 1.68w output @ 8 ohms also according to the manual

I don't think 67 had sound RAF96  and it wasn't mine so I didn't want to touch it  hornby had sent me someone else's loco as it had their name and address on .

yes if I have too change it myself again  will use 8 ohm 2 watt .  the ones hornby fitted to the tts locos are only 8 ohm 1 watt .  

you can buy 28 mm 8 ohm speakers from china  for about 60p to 90p on ebay and a lot less if you order in bulk  .

I can't understand  why hornby  have used  such low quality  speakers  I know the TTS sound is supposed to be budget  but it wouldn't have cost much  to put a  slightly better speaker in them.

I don't think 67 had sound RAF96  and it wasn't mine so I didn't want to touch it  hornby had sent me someone else's loco as it had their name and address on .

yes if I have too change it myself again  will use 8 ohm 2 watt .  the ones hornby fitted to the tts locos are only 8 ohm 1 watt .  

you can buy 28 mm 8 ohm speakers from china  for about 60p to 90p on ebay and a lot less if you order in bulk  .

I can't understand  why hornby  have used  such low quality  speakers  I know the TTS sound is supposed to be budget  but it wouldn't have cost much  to put a  slightly better speaker in them.

Because the factory in China used the cheapest speakers they could get that conformed to the specs sent to them from Hornby. The Scotsman TTS engines just seem to be rubbish. Cheap nasty motors and now speakers in a loco that costs top dollar.

Archived