Update 1.64 V.0

RB51

For those who can never find them:

The latest release of RailMaster is a maintenance release.  This update continues to make RailMaster more robust and reliable.

● +Minor enhancements and bug fixes - principally relating to multi-aspect signals

● +Added RailMaster.ini file options "Alternative comms2=n" and "Check controller2=n" for users of second DCC controller

● +Prepared new Hornby locos for 2016 and remainder from 2015 added

● +Added support for new loco decoders from TAMS, NCE, DCC Concepts, TCS and Digitrax● +Included new Train-Tech signals track plan and test programs to assist in setting up multi-aspect signals

● +When copying previous program lines it now adds one second to new line by default

● +Guides in all languages updated for version 1.64

and this is the applicable ini file bit as default in my RM folder after the v1.64 download...

Alternative comms=1

Check controller=1

Elite feedback=1

Edited with regard to Chris's comments following... 

@HRMS

...so  for 2 controllers I obviously need to add 2 more lines as per the release notes but do the existing lines need to be changed to read ..comms1= and ..controller1= ... looking at the manual they do not but the alt comms is described as checking for an elink so should it be =0 for an Elite when used as  controller 1

Also the blurb about needing to update the Elite on manual Page 21 needs a rewrite as it is out of date and misleading to boot.

@HRMS

Just in case you are reading this. There appears to be a typo error on page 33 of the new 1.64 manual relating to Robs query.

The release notes state the new line is "Check controller2="

The 1.64 manual shows the line as "Check controlle2=" the last 'r' in controller seems to be missing.

I've given 1.64 a bit of a go, including amending the ini file to what I think it should be in my previous post and so far it loads OK and things run OK but there is still no feedback from Elite to a second expanded throttle, nor do Elite Function selections echo on the throttle and as you can see from the picture the blue function captions are still all over the place...

/media/tinymce_upload/24e7b0bec1bf5e25682ec67d7a742389.PNG

Excuse the typos in the button captions...

I look forward to some suggestions from HRMS.

Issue with accelerate/decelerate to not fixed. Instead of each speed taking for example 1 sec takes 1.23 secs.

Now do I change my programmes or wait for a fix?

Hi Greg,

I remember your mentioning this. I, too, have issues with the acceleration/deceleration commands, but not quite the same as yours. Mine haven't been addressed in this latest release either. Can you remember the name of the thread where you mentioned this. Maybe we can compare notes.

Ray

... Can you remember the name of the thread where you mentioned this ...

Ray, Try 'RM 1.63 Update'

Thanks RDS - I've managed to get a handle on the mentions of accelerate/decelerate problems in that thread. I had found that I had similar problems to Greg when I somehow managed to get "Alternative comms=1" into my INI file by mistake. Because I use an Elite, this setting should have been "Alternative comms=0", and when I changed it to this, my programs containing accelerate/decelerate commands resumed operating correctly as they had done previously. 

So I would say that Greg's problem applies simply because, being an Elink user, he is stuck with Alternative comms=1.

Ray

I reported in my extant problems to HRMS and they responded that they wanted to get out the main update and that they will issue a sweep up revision to sort out my problems. I suggested they review this thread to see the other concerns people still have to ensure these are on their fix list.

Off interest to those using two controllers - mine are Elite as A and eLink as B.

According to the new RM manual and HRMS release notes for v1.64rev0 and their email advice the .ini file associated lines should be:

Alternative comms=0

Alternative comms2=1

Check controller=1

Check controller2=1

Elite feedback=1

Unfortunately although this loaded OK I found that comms errors occurred, and when using an expanded throttle the mouse would hang onto the throttle and I couldn't release it, the trackplan would shake when I tried to switch points and the odd loco would become uncontrollable. I reverted to =1 for all values and things are back to normal. Reading the manual again value 1 for Alternative comms is used with Win10 which I have so maybe the advice I got from HRMS hadn't spotted this.

So if anyone else is having problems then set all values to =1 and see if that fixes it for you.

Rob, although I do not use a second controller. I do concur with your findings. I found with my Elite that when I upgraded my Win 8x to Win 10. I had to make Alternative comms=1 (it had previously been =0) to get optimum controller communication. I however have my Check controller=0. I tried Check controller=1 but I didn't like the way the icons kept flashing every 5 secs or so. Hey ho it works for me......

PS - When my Alternative comms=0 was used on Win 8x (Elite controller) everything worked, but the controller icon reported "Controller inactive". When I upgraded to W10 and changed Alternative comms to =1 then the controller icon reported correctly i.e. "Controller active 1.42".

Thanks Chris

I will re-read the manual and try check controller=0 for the Elite at next Train-PC & Railmaster boot and see what effect.

The manual is just a bit vague as to the WHY for some of these values - although I have asked for such clarification before.

It may just be that HRMS got their check controller and alternative comms muddled up.

Having upgraded to 1.64 on my e-link I am having problems with Hornby TTS locos. They obey forward and reverse commands but no t sound functions. Other decoders appear to be working fine. Have reported the issue.

No such problems with version 1.63 and the same Locos on my second copy of railmaster and e-link.

Anyone having similar issues.

@johnbet

yes I've had occasions where more than one loco loses its sound in RM but they were fine when operated direct from the Elite with RM still running.

Resetting the controller from memory sorted it - using the little red button in the big red button.

its probably worth reporting in to HRMS next time it happens.

Archived