RM freeze on program chains

Hi all

Finally I came across the Railmaster world...
Now I'm testing things, cv programming, routes, programs, etc.

It happens that when I programmed steps with 2 program chains, at first it worked (on main screen, due to the limitation of testing chain program lines), but the second time I lauched the program, there the software freezes, forcing windows to close it.

I restarted RM, retried the same program, with same freeze results.

I deleted the program, rewrited lines back, same stuff.

Then I opted for including prog lines instead of chain and it worked.

Is there anyone here that experienced something similar?

I must say that programming interface could be better, some "line dragging" feature would be appreciated, as "copy&paste" and "shift select" for multiple line movings.

Here is a video of a simple start&stop program on my layout.

Any suggestion anyone?

Hi Ray

yes, it's like that: Prog C contains "ordinary route" line commands, then chain Prog A, then changes route, then chain Prog B.

Prog A & B contain only "ordinary" program lines (announcing departing, lights on, shunt, cruise, announcing arrival, shunt, stop, lights off) for 2 different locos.

Prog A & B they run without problems when launched singly.

Hi Ciro,

I have lots of programs like that, but I haven't had Railmaster freeze up as you describe. I think you should report it through the online help system. HRMS may ask you (by email) to send copies of all three programs, so they can find out what may be going wrong.

Ray

Hi Ciro,

These programs look fine to me. However, you could try adding an extra "play sound" command at the end of program 3:-

145 Program Command    Play sound etc......

The only other thing I can see is the name of the program "Chain" - this may be confusing it - try changing the name  😀

Edit

I've just noticed something which may affect things. There is a small bug in Railmaster, which I reported a few months ago, whereby when running a program containing chain commands, RM starts the program clock before it has finished merging the chained programs. What I have done with my programs is to insert at line 0 a Program Command Message "Please wait...", then the next command comes at 10 seconds.

I would suggest in Program 3 you add 10 seconds to each program line, then enter a Message command at line 0. 

Ray

Archived